I love Pinterest. It’s almost my favourite Social Media platform at the moment and I'd love to share with you all why, and what I've learned about it.
- Organises and keeps in once place all the interesting things I come across in my daily web-surfing. I used to have a HUGE list of sites in my favourites and it wasn’t so easy to find things again. Not anymore!
- Unlimited inspiration. It’s the first place I visit when I need a layout idea, quote, colour combination, recipe, organising help, kids activity to name just a few. I look at Pinterest rather than googling or blog hopping – I simply type what I’m looking for into the search box at the top.
- It’s another way I can share my creations. I’ve created a board for my layouts and also for my Greatest View creations.
Here's a look at my boards:
Never ventured into the world of Pinterest? Essentially, Pinterest is an online pin board where you can keep track of ideas, articles and anything else that you come across that you might want to refer to later. It also keeps track of where the link comes from.
I’m really not an expert so I’ll add a couple of links to useful articles that will explain in enough detail the basics.
- Pinterest has a helpful page here when it comes to getting started and any questions you might have.
- I also found this article quite good when it comes to understanding the basics of Pinterest.
- Here is a link to an article that delves a bit deeper into Pinterest, and has lots of tips.
These are my top tips when it comes to Pinterest etiquette:
- It is so easy and great to repin ideas but try to add new pins as well, from sites and blogs that you visit.
- When pinning from a site, make sure you pin from the site (not from your reader) and from the actual post if you can. This makes referring back to original idea much easier.
- Add a useful description to your pin so it is ‘labelled’ properly for searches. For instance, when pinning a layout, I’ll usually write who created it and what aspect of the layout I love (chevron border for example).
Here is a peek into my Layout Inspiration board:
- If you want to see what has been pinned from your blog, type this into your browser, of course replacing yourblog with your actual blog name:
You’ll find my Pinterest account here. If you’re already a Pinterest user, hop onto my profile and follow me, I’ll follow you right back! And of course, feel free to pin any projects or content that you like from my blog – you’ll find a ‘pin-it’ button under each post!
I hope you’ve found this post interesting and helpful! Leave me a comment, I’d love to hear your thoughts as well! I’ll leave you with a giggle . . .